A Survey Of Historic Homes & Building In The Old Village Of Mt.
Old Village Of Mt. Pleasant Historic Home Survey By Street
|Hibben Street||Church Street||Pitt Street||Whilden Street||Bennett Street||Venning Street||Live Oak Street||King Street|
|Center Street||Mary Street||Bank Street||Ferry Street||Morrison Street||Middle Street||Queen Street||Magwood Street|
View Historic Homes In The Old Village Of Mount Pleasant SC on a larger map
The Oldest Home In The Town Of Mount Pleasant, SC
111 Hibben Street (The Hibben House)
The Hibben House is believed to be the oldest home in the town of Mt. Pleasant. The home was built in 1755 by Jacob Motte. In 1803 Mt. Pleasant Plantation on which the Hibben House sits was purchased by James Hibben (1766-1835) from Jacob Motte’s estate. In 1755, James Hibben subdivided the plantation into 35 lots and gave 10 of the lots to his 10 children who lived to maturity. The three on the high bluff (numbered 1,2 & 3) were given to his daughter Claudia who married Josiah Smith. The other lots were give to Eliza who married Aaron W. Leland, Sarah Margaret who married Daniel DuPre, Hannah who married Thomas Napier of Scotland, Martha who married John Singletary and Harriet who married Dune Goodman of Charleston. There were five streets on the subdivided tract, Beach, Bennett,Whilden, Boundary and Venning.
Hibben Street With The Hibben House On The Right
Some Of The Owners of The Hibben House In The Old Village Of Mt. Pleasant, SC
1912- Mr. William Whilden McIver and his wife Petrona Royall.
Agent Owned Realty 824 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Office Direct: 843-725-5009 Fax: 843-725-6545